Monday 30 May 2011

Accepted into the midwife caseload!

Today I got a phone call to say I'd been selected for the midwife caseload. The midwife explained that the goal was to give birth without drugs, only induce if medically necessary and transfer to the hospital if there were any complications. They're also big advocates of breastfeeding.

I'm glad to hear that I'm one of 20 women each month chosen! I have my first scan at the end of March and then a few days later I'll be going in to talk to my midwife. I guess I really better get cracking on my birth plan and decide exactly what I want from this birth!

1 comment:

  1. Great news!

    As a note, here's an excerpt from one of my friend's birth plans, which can hopefully give you some more ideas:

    http://www.scientologyparent.com/forums/?vasthtmlaction=viewtopic&t=284.0

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers