Thursday 5 May 2011

Welcome to my Silent Birth Blog

Despite the rumours and stigmas that surround the term silent birth, the ideas is actually quite an interesting concept. I first considered it after finding out one single fact about this unique birthing practice:

"The mother can make as much noise as she wishes, it is only the attendants who remain silent."

After feeling as if doctors were taking over my body during the end of my first pregnancy, and then discovering that I really didn't want anyone telling me to "Breathe, breathe, breathe" during every contraction, I realized that silent birth may just be the option I'm looking for. Not one to back away from an idea just because it's been insulted by the press, I thought it was worth some more research.

I'm currently three months pregnant with my second child so this blog will be a record of preparing for a silent birth, medical reactions to the idea and ultimately, how successful I find the silent birth to be in keeping both myself and the baby in the lowest stress environment possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers